Thursday, November 24, 2016

Nightly ride to Western Finland

I’ve long been looking for a nice kitchen table with matching chairs. Due to my Love’s recent home decor enthusiasm, I’ve browsed a lot of old decor pictures and ads in internet, on books and magazines with him…

Source

…and found breathtaking piece of furniture in wonderful colors.

Source

I've been looking for a dining set also overseas, but haven’t found anything interesting. So was I happy as I can be when I found a complete set (a table and four chairs) for sale in online webshop here in Finland one day!

Seller didn’t want to reserve the dining set for anyone, so the only way to make it ours, was to be fast and go on the spot for a deal. Unfortunately, the seller lived some 400 kilometers (about 250 miles) away from us… Anyway, I was decided to get the set, so me and my Love headed for a nightly drive across the Southern Finland leaving around 6 p.m. on Friday night. We arrived in the light of the full moon at midnight there and made the deal. We were back home at seven on the Saturday morning... I had a day off the work on the Saturday (lucky me!) but my Love had to leave for a work trip right away! So, maybe you would like to see what I got? Well, here comes some pictures…


I have never seen a chair back like this one before!


Funniest detail ever: the dining set is completely same color as my Love’s Cadillac from year 1952!


6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous table set!!
    And it seems to be in great shape.
    Good for you.
    It is so satisfying when you find a great find isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ihan huippuihana pöytä ja nuo tuolit! Kannatti varmasti nähä vaivaa :) Siula on täällä paljon muutaki mielenkiintosta, ihanan erilaista matskua :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! : ) Nyt olen sitten voinut alkaa hamuamaan kaluston kanssa samanvärisiä keittötarvikkeita, kelloja jne... : D

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...