Friday, March 14, 2014

Something blue…

Originally posted on May 31st, 2013



On last Saturday was celebrated my friend’s wedding in a lovely Finnish country village. I had purchased a new dress for the wedding, but it didn’t arrive on time, so I had to make a last moment look in my wardrobe. Because the church and party house were located in the middle of the most beautiful Finnish countryside, I thought that I might choose this time Finnish vintage dress. So I selected a dress that I bought years ago from a vintage shop called Penny Lane. I had used this dress only twice before, once in Waltikka Rock’n'Roll Ball, and once on Finland’s Independence Day. Both times had been a long time ago so I thought to use the dress once more. In the fact, I have been thinking to let this dress go many times, but the dress is one of my mother’s favorites, and she has absolutely forbidden me to give it up, so dress has kept its own place in my closet.


After I had chosen the dress, I was looking for a long time a matching hat from my hat boxes. I am pedantic about compatibility of colors, shades and materials and finally I didn’t find a completely matching hat. I then decided to give up and I replaced the hat with a big bun and celebrated in the wedding exceptionally without a hat. The matching medium length gloves were found from a flea market shortly after I had bought the dress.


One of the Lucite purses’ most brilliant features is the fact that you are able to change the color of the outfit. Also this time I lined my carved and rhinestone decorated Lucite clutch with a suitable cloth. My shoes were carved and rhinestone decorated matching ones for that, and for jewellery I selected only small rhinestone earrings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...