Wednesday, February 26, 2014

One of my best flea market findings

Originally posted on September 7th, 2012


Today I am wearing a blue English made coat. Besides that I have beige-brown handbag and hat outfit set, brown suede shoes, navy gloves and navy rhinestone earrings.


The coat is one of my best flea market finds. I found it a few years ago, on a traditional Finnish flea market round of mine in a small country town. I found in addition to the coat ten pairs of 40s and 50s shoes, in my sister’s and mine size, as well as dresses and other clothing. Flea market merchants said that the goods were of the collection of small town fine lady, which had been planned to be thrown into the trashes after the lady’s passing away. This lady, judging on the collection, was a wonderful sight on the streets a small country town in the 50s. I paid for everything only a few euros, so this was a real happy day for me!



2 comments:

  1. That is one of the loveliest vintage rescue stories I have ever heard. I'm so glad that all those pretty clothes were saved, but also that you got such a bargain. The coat is fabulous on you andI adore your matching hat and purse- I've not come across a hat and purse set before in real life. xx Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shauna! I really like princess coats and buy them whenever they become available in reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...